Peace Education in Schools and Universities: An Effective Way of Eliminating Aggression, Violence, and Terrorism in the World
The main purpose of setting up the Peace Museum Romania - the widest possible dissemination of information on the concept of peace and peace education.
The initiator of the peace education courses in schools is the founder of the Peace Museum Romania, Magdalena Cristina BUTUCEA. With the establishment of the museum, it aimed to spread as much as possible information about peace among young people, by supporting peace education in schools, high schools and universities.
First National College in Romania, „Mircea cel Batran” National College from Ramnicu Valcea, has accepted students to attend peace education courses, supported by founder of the Peace Museum Valcea Romania, Magdalena Cristina BUTUCEA. During peace education courses students learned about the study of peace and conflict, about avoiding violence to all levels: individual, social, local, regional, national and international level. "Alexandru Lahovari" National College and Energetic National College from Ramnicu Valcea agreed to have peace education courses during March – June 2018.
Also Magdalena Cristina Butucea had peace education courses with students from National Colleges in Sibiu County and Alba Iulia County in October and November 2018.
"In a constantly changing world we need more than ever to understand the notion of peace and the meaning of peace" - Magdalena C. Butucea, Founder of the Peace Museum Romania.
OBJECTIVES OF PEACE EDUCATION CLASSES
1) Explaining the terms specific to peace education;
2) Understanding the notion of peace and the opposite;
3) Identification and study of peace strategies;
4) Developing the pacification project as a civilization project;
5) Practicing the capacity to act in a pacifist spirit;
6) Constructive conflict resolution ;
7) Enriching knowledge specific to global education;
8) Formation of skills and tools for understanding and solving local and regional problems and conflicts;
9) Stimulate and promote the creative capacities of the young generation by organizing exhibitions, competitions, artistic programs;
10) Developing the spirit of initiative of the young generation;
11) Valorisation of the information obtained and organization in: maps, albums, panels, power point presentations, short film, etc;
12) Achieving an exchange of experience between teachers, the younger generation, representatives of the local community and partners;
13) Establish friendship and collaboration relations between students from different school units in the county / region / country.
Peace education can be defined as global education because during peace education classes the students learn about the main historical events of 20 th century, and the beggining of 21 th century, therefore, a short presentation of human history and main conflicts of human history from the beggining until nowadays.
We need to teach the younger generation to become a peace-maker.
Peace education is an effective way of eliminating aggression, violence, and terrorism in the world.
Without peace there is no development, without development there is no human rights.
Nowadays, we are seeing the international public opinion of the defense of peace by eliminating hunger and poverty and implementing sustainable social and economic programs that contribute in the long run to the cultural and economic development of individuals.