"In a constantly changing world we need more than ever to understand the notions of peace and the meaning of peace" - Magdalena C. Butucea, Founder of the Peace Museum Romania.
The main purpose of setting up the Peace Museum Romania - the widest possible dissemination of information on the concept of peace and peace education. Peace education is the study of peace and conflicts. To international level, peace is a very complex process involving the application of certain diplomatic levers in order to avoid organized armed conflicts.
OBJECTIVES FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF PEACE MUSEUM ROMANIA:
1) Explaining the terms specific to peace education;
2) Understanding the notion of peace and the opposite;
3) Identification and study of peace strategies;
4) Developing the pacification project as a civilization project;
5) Practicing the capacity to act in a pacifist spirit;
6) Constructive conflict resolution.
THE NEED FOR ESTABLISHING PEACE MUSEUM ROMANIA
In a rule of law, it is absolutely necessary to know the fundamental notions of peace and their practice, especially by the younger generation (students) as well as local communities and the importance of peace, even if we do not live in an army conflict area. We need to teach the younger generation to become a peace-maker.